Last updated on October 7th, 2023 at 10:42 amReading Time: < 1 minute
If you’re not the sort of person who is devious and reads Social Media posts that you’re blocked from seeing (somehow) and then recycles them in a way which is libellous and encourages other like-minded people to join in, then this is not for you, you can leave now if you wish, However If you are a Troll then this is for you
Social Media Etiquette
- Anybody complaining about others causing alarm and distress should not themselves attempt to cause alarm and distress.
- If you block somebody, or are blocked by somebody else, then it really is a bit sneaky to have a peep at their posts.
- It isn’t really a good idea to post and repost with libellous and completely unfounded comments, it could end badly, and be costly.
- To disagree with somebody and hold a different opinion to somebody, however unorthodox it might be, is not in itself a Hate Crime.
- Not everybody who uses ‘hurty words’ and troubles your feelings is automatically a Misogynist or a Sexist, maybe they just don’t like you. That is not a Hate Crime.
- If you read a post and assume that it is referring to you, even though you are not named it, you really shouldn’t assume that it is about you, not everything is.
- Finally, if in any doubt try having a civilised conversation with the person you think has ‘dissed’ you, most people will respond to a civilised approach, but when you react by attacking them on SM they may not be so reasonable.
All of the above is just the way I see the world, nobody has to agree with me. I have no problem whatsoever with people having a different opinion, I just don’t go plastering it all over the internet in a negative manner,