Hopefully just a short one today. It seems we’re due a General Election this year, and I couldn’t let that creep up on me without posting a few thoughts about the performance of our woeful government.
Some of you may agree with me, some almost certainly won’t, and with the greatest of respect, I don’t really care. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and to express it, and these are mine, nothing more.
Undoubtedly, I will almost certainly forget something, so feel free to add it in the comments.
All my working life I have been a Tory Voter, the idea of voting for any version of Labour (except possibly Harold Wilson or Jim Callaghan) was never going to fly with me.
In no particular order (mainly because it’s almost impossible to work out which is worst) I could never vote for any party, of any colour or political persuasion that;
- Interferes with and changes the Pension Scheme of anybody who is already a member of it.
- Changes the Law in order to make unlawful policies lawful
- Makes it difficult (or impossible) for less well-off folk to access Legal Aid
- To do anything other than improve Human Rights
- Chooses a Cabinet on the basis of a Chumocracy, not Meritocracy.
- Awards Ferry contracts to a company with neither experience nor boats.
- Wastes millions of pounds on apparent Vanity Projects
- Awards PPE contracts to companies with neeither the experience or the relevant infrastructure.
- Awards PPE contracts to Members of thr House of Lords or their spouse.
- Turns a ‘Blind Eye’ to members of their party ‘earning’ sums, often in excess of £500 per hour, for external consultancy work, It’s sometimes difficult to identify the relevant skills that they might contributer.
- Embarks upon an ego-driven Doesn’t act in the best interetsreshuffle and subsequent Budget, that proves to be disastrous for the UK.
- Doesn’t act in the best interests of the UK at all times. Country before Party.
- Somehow thinks that it’s appropriate and legitimate ro spend millio0ns of pounds to set up an aparrently flawed scheme to ship illegal immigrants off to Rwanda.
I’m sure there’s more but it’s Friday evening, and it’s time for an orange juice. I don’t expect everybody to agree with all or any of the above, but just setting out my thoughts before the blog is retired later in the year.