It’s A War Zone Out There
Last Updated on August 24, 2018 by RetiredAndAngry
Well, it is war really.
I make absolutely no apology for starting off with a stark image
This is one of the more acceptable images from Camberwell recently where Police and Paramedics encountered a scene of absolute carnage after 4 young men had been stabbed in the street, one of them DISEMBOWELLED. Nobody, I repeat, NOBODY, deserves that in a so-called civilised country. I don’t care if you are black, white, Asian, Oriental, gay, straight, trans or whatever, this level of violence has no place on our streets, in our society.
Who do I blame? That is a complex question with many answers.
I blame the parents, when I grew up my father would have absolutely battered me if I had got involved in some of the crimes we are witnessing today.
I blame the youths themselves. Presumably they know right from wrong, and in nobody’s book can this be right.
First and foremost I blame OUR GOVERNMENT. Yes, that is predictable, but I do. Since the Tories/Coalition came into power in 2010 local Council budgets have been slashed so that Youth Services such as Youth Clus etc are no longer affordable, prioritised out of the budget. Nothing for ther kids to do.
Police Forces across the land have had to withdraw/disband Juvenile Bureaux. Once again, prioritised out of the budgets. So have been Schools Involvement Officers who used to be invited (Yes, I did say INVITED) into schools to talk to kids, mainly young teenagers in Secondary School, about a variety of topics, but this would certainly have been the main priority if it still happened. Not Front Line enough.
Since 2014 Police Forces across the land have been bullied into cutting back dreadfully on Stop and Search. Where has that got us eh? Terrible, horrific scenes like those above is where that has got us.
If you’ve had your Cornflakes and are feeling strong enough take a look at this video shot from above by a Camberwell resident last week. It shows many things.
- It shows the compassion and professionalism displayed by Police Officers and Paramedics as they battled to save the lives of the victims.
- It shows some of the weapons involved scattered on the floor around them
- It shows (I believe) those Police Officers and Paramedics being attacked or harrassed by young men/youths whilst they were still administering First Aid.
- You can hear the voice of the person filming, clearly shocked by the scenes below, clearly supporting the actions of the Police and Paramedics and clearly condemning the actions of the thugs.
The government have been directly responsible for the loss of 21,000+ Police Officers from our streets since 2010. No, they can’t protect everybody, can’t be everywhere all the time but more officers would certainly help. Apart from anything else the criminals KNOW about the cuts and the reducued likelihood of being caught. They KNOW that Theresa May, as Home Secretary, ordered the reduction in Stop and Search. They KNOW that Police Officers are over-stretched, burnt out. They’re not daft they also monitor Social Media.
With 21,000 fewer officers and an enforced restriction on Stop and Search the criminals become enboldened. They know that the odds of getting caught carrying a knife/machete/sword through the streets are greatly reduced. Combine that with the increased workloads of the Police and there you have it, the Perfect Storm for Extreme Knife Crime. Every knife, machete or sword that has been used in this multitude of attacks has been carried through the streeets at some point. Think about that. Maybe the person sat next to you on the Tube while yu’re reading this?
I do hope you’ll forgive me but I feel so strongly about this that I will crave your indulgence on a couple of issues.
Firstly I’ll repeat a few diagrams that show exactly where the government cuts have left us.
Secondly, something I don’t do very often, but if you only do one thing with this blog I emplore you to forward it to your local paper, the national media, your local MP, or your local Councillors. Anybody who can help spread the word. It’s not about the numbers, I don’t care how many ‘hits’ I get on this post, it’s about saving lives, nothing more.
This level of violence in Britain is simply unacceptable and sadly Theresa May is responsible for an awful lot of it with her reckless policies as Home Secretaries and refusal to sanction anything now as Prime Minister.
Police Officers do not want these kids to die, or be maimed, on our streets. They do not want to witness the aftermath of such savagery. Their families do not want to be worried about their safety, and neither do the families of the victims. Lives blighted, and for what? A few pounds worth of drugs, a bit of ‘dissing’ or simply coming from the wrong Post Code.
The Police Force CAN deal with these problems, but not with one, or both, hands tied behind their backs. They have the necessary skils and willpower to deal with these problems, yes they do. However they currently have neither the freedom nor the resources to do it.
- Unshackle them from the crazy restrictions on Stop and Search. Unless I’ve missed it nobody has ever been killed by Stop and Search. It is vital in today’s society, not just in London. I have always said that Stop and Search should be conducted with dignity and lawfully. Make sure the grounds are there and conduct it in a polite, civilised manner. What is there to object to there? No section of community can object to that surely?
- IMMEDIATELY reverse the crazy, reckless cuts brought about by May and Cameron. They will take years to get us back to where we should but the sooner we start the better.
- Whilst I am not a huge fan of Mutual Aid for such matters (it should be reserved for unforesen emergencies normally) but let the National Police Chiefs Council co-ordinate a series of properly, carefully planned proactive operations around the identifed hotspots in the country and hit them with a civilian ‘Shock and Awe’ campaign. Let them know who is the boss on our streets and it ain’t the knife-carrying thugs.
There will no doubt be comparisons to Operation Swamp, but if NPCC earn their corn and do it properly, involving Community Leaders at an early stage, the arguments should be self-evident. Do we really want to wake up every morning hearing about another knife attack or shooting on the streets of our country? Do we really have to emulate Trump’s America? Can we really defend doing NOTHING? What exactly has Theresa May DONE about this issue? NOTHING. Too wrapped in her pathetic Brexit campaign to bother about an emergency much closer to home.
Please share the **** out of this post to all and sundry who might be able to bring pressure on the Cruella, and finally, enjoy your Bank Holiday Weekend, and if you are on duty at the Notting Hill Carnival, best wishes and stay safe.